Skip to main content

When I’m With Him, I Think Of You

On a Saturday afternoon, after some empowering self-discovery, I am unstoppable. I can feel it in every inch of my being and I feel as though, when I walk outside, I stand a little taller and my smile shines a little brighter. Nothing is holding me back. I am over you. On a Saturday evening, when I’m sharing drinks and a laugh with another, I am reborn. As he leans in for a kiss, I know that his lips, and mine, are all that matter in this moment. You are nothing to me because I am over you. On a Saturday night, when I’m lying in his arms, I note that he chose the same side of the bed as you. My mind takes inventory of all the ways he is not you: his smell is not yours, his hand does not curl around mine the way yours does, and his breath does not send shivers down my spine like your deep exhales do. But I’m with him, so I must be over you. On Sunday morning, as I shove my sheets into the wash, hoping to rid them of his scent, I think of how yours brought me such comfort. I breathe deeply into my pillow, hoping that there is something left of you lingering. There is nothing left of you. Am I not over you? On Sunday night, as I turn down the sheets and dim the lights, I think of you. I think of every moment we ever spent together, every word you ever said, every kiss we ever shared, and every time you held me in your arms. As the tears start to fall, I know that I am not over you On Monday morning, when I see you, my heart beats a little faster. Your smile reminds me of what it felt like to not feel this longing, this sting. For the rest of the day, I will cross my fingers, praying to whoever is out there, that we might run into each other. Maybe then you will see that I am not over you. On Monday evening, as we part ways, I pretend to be indifferent. I hear your voice, though I pretend not to. Every ounce of power in my body prevents me from looking back, not even once. If I do, you might see that I am not over you. Read this: 20 Terrible 90s Songs That Everyone Secretly Loves Read this: 10 Things People Don’t Realize You’re Doing As A Result Of Your Mental Illness Read this: This Is How You Love Someone For more raw, powerful writing follow Heart Catalog here .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Law Of Attraction

  the Law of Attraction is the belief that positive or negative thoughts bring positive or negative experiences into a person's life.[1][2] The belief is based on the ideas that people and their thoughts are made from "pure energy", and that a process of like energy attracting like energy exists through which a person can improve their health, wealth, and personal relationships. Some people are frustrated with their manifesting because they're working hard and not getting what they want. Some are battling with fears and feelings of unworthiness. Many don't have time for long meditations. 5 laws of attraction 1. Self discovery when you discover your self and know who you really are, when you found your potential, people will get attracted to you. 2. The Law of Manifestation This law means that anything we focus on constantly will manifest in your lives. Everything that you think about is mirrored in your outside world, so your mind is a powerful manifestation tool...

WHAT ARE YOU ALWAYS AFRAID OF IN A RELATIONSHIP

RELATIONSHIP When we talk about relationship, you have to know that there more than one type of relationships, which we will be looking into in this article today. In this aetixle am not talking about a sexual relationship that is being boy friend and girl friends that we understand in real sense, am talking about mutual relationship. WHAT IS MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP Mutual relationship is a kind of friendship that exist between two people inwhich the both benefit from association. Or you can say that  mutual means something that goes both ways, such as when two people feel the same way about each other or when two people like the same person. But we will be looking into friends of opposite sex. MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN OPPOSITE SEX mutual relationship is not romantic or sexual in nature, but is the kind of attraction you feel when drawn to someone because you like that person and enjoy being with him or her,  This was by far the most common type of attra...

WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU BREAK UP AND COME BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

BREAK UP There is something that is lost when you ever break up your lover.  There is always something that will be missing when you two come back together again, and you may be asking your self what will that be, or you may be asking wkll i be accepted if i go back to him/her, will he/she allow things to go back the way the have been before, the answer to that question is yes you might be accepted but things will never be the same again, cause you will lost something that you two might have in common before, and that what we will be looking at in this article today and we will tell you how to make things look good again for you and you lover. WILL I BE ACCEPTED AGAIN Yes you might be accepted because he/she still loves you and have been waiting for you to come back,  being ready to accept your love again, but you people will be losing some things in the relationship now which Trust Believe Secrets Fisrt we will be looking into the meanings of all ...